- 9 small russet potatoes
- 1 stick salted butter – room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 (or more) slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapenos – one diced and one sliced
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1″ pieces. Boil them in salted water until for tender. Drain the water
- Add the potatoes back to the pan with the butter. Mash the potatoes. Mix in the sour cream; then add the milk, seasoning and Colby Jack cheese. Mix.
- Heat your grill to 375 degrees
- Once you have your mashed potatoes made and cooled a bit, mix in the flour, egg, bacon pieces (reserving a little for topping) and diced jalapeno.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- OPTIONAL: Put a little of the cheddar cheese at the bottom of each muffin tin
- Fill muffin tins with potato mixture. Top with the cheddar cheese, bacon crumbles and slied jalapenos.
- Cook ~20 minutes. If you chose to put the optional cheese on the bottom – watch so it doesn’t burn).
- Remove from the grill and let the potato cupcakes sit for 5 minutes to cool. Drizzle with BBQ sauce (optional) and then serve.
Recipe compliments of #guardianofthegrill